Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Chapter 7: Shadows and Tall Trees


Dear diary,




It's getting harder every day to be on this miserable island, my hair is getting longer by the hour, the days seem to last forever, I would do anything for a bath, and most of all I miss my parents! Since time seems to feel as if moving slower on the island and sometimes just like to look out at the vast expanse of water and just wonder why I seems to always be against us. Blocking our way of getting home. Home. Now an unfamiliar word to all of us. Simon say me and lifted my spirits enough to give me enough courage to get through the day.


That afternoon, Jack and his hunters found pig dropping and they decide to hunt the pig while they continue to search for the beast. I think that’s a good idea since we could all use a little fun and food since we've all been scared out of minds because we spotted the beast. This was the first time in a while that I was excited to do anything. My first time hunting, has a nice ring to it. We track the boar on a wild chase and when we finally find, I throw my spear but it glances of the boar’s snout. I finally marked my man ship!!! Jack was bleeding, but I didn’t care because I finally went hunting!


The boys decided to play a dangerous game were Robert was playing a boar and everyone was trying to kill the boar. They started to dance, chant and jab at Robert with their spears, I think that at one point they might've forgotten that it was only a game. They nearly killed Robert, he didn’t want to be a part of the game anymore that he suggested that they actually use a boar for the game next time. I don’t even recognize them anymore; they're becoming animals in the wild. Simon offers to tell Piggy and the Littluns that they're going to be back late at night. Roger, Jack and I continue to travel up the mountain but Jack goes ahead of us and climbs the summit. He told that he had seen monster but Roger and I had to make sure that he actually did se something. There it was, a terrifying specter, a large shadowy form with the shape of a giant ape, making a flapping noise in the breeze. We were all terrified and run down the summit back to the other boys! Ok… I think I'm starting to believe that there IS something living on the island with us. 



Signed,
           Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment